Sunday, April 7, 2019

Have a Mice Day IPC 95


Time for a NEW Inky Paws Challenge!



We have a such fun sketch for you to play with.
OK… full disclosure. I did have to stare at this sketch
for a while to figure out how to work with it.

Have a Mice Day a card by Diane Morales | Garden Mice Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Deisgns

I stamped out and colorized the mouse from the Garden Mice Stamp Set.
 That is when the whole card came together.
I love the way the flower color came out, so I decided to
base my colors for this project on this flower.
I went into the paper stash came out with this amazing patterned paper for the background.
I also matched burnt orange and sand colored cardstock to go with the patterned paper.
With the paper choices made, it was all about the assembly.
The sand colored cardstock was cut out using the
Large Postage Edge Rectangle from the Frameworks Die Set
The inside element printed paper was die cut from the Curved Edge Rectangle
Burnt orange cardstock became the across element behind the banner.
The main element is piece of white cardstock that is hand cut into a banner.
When I assembled the whole card, I thought the white banner
was just… plain!
Then I noticed the flowers on the printed paper closely matched
the flowers on the Bold Blooms Stencil.
 I ran the banner and stencil thru my die cut machine using
my embossing pad and was very happy with the results!



 For a final touch, I added twine and a tag with my sentiment to the top of the banner.

I had a blast figuring out all the different elements of the card.
I am SUPER excited to see what everyone is going to create with this sketch.

Thanks for dropping by.
Have a great week.

Diane






1 comment:

  1. super cute! I love the embossing you did with the stencil and the mouse is colored beautifully!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete