Sunday, April 21, 2019

Cosmic Newton IPC 96


Today starts a NEW Inky Paw’s Challenge!
Are you ready for this one?



Colored pencils are not an art item that I use often.
This challenge gave me an opportunity to purchase a more professional
set of watercolor pencils.
To really give colored pencils a try and learn something new.
I also had an idea for a project using a technique that I learned as a kid.
I think we used to call it scratch art.

Cosmic Newton a card by Diane Morales | Cosmic Newton Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs

This all starts with the background.
Place your paper on TOP of your stencil.
My stencil of choice is the Cloudy Sky Stencil.
Tape the stencil and the paper down with washi so there is no lateral movement
Then, just start coloring over the top of the stencil with your pencil.
When I first thought of this idea to use the stencil this way I was so
hoping this idea would turn out the way I planned.
 The reveal of clouds was better that I expected!


I tried different types of colored pencils from Crayola and Michaels.
Those worked well but left more pencil lines.
To finish my project, I chose the Cosmic Newton Stamp Set
For the clouds that the space ship is bursting thru comes from the


All my images on this card use watercolor pencil from Arteza.
I had a great time crafting this card and I hope this inspires you to get crafty!
 Don’t forget to link up your projects on the Inky Paws website
Just tap the challenge picture above and hashtag us using
#inkypawschallenge.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Diane



1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun idea! I never would have thought to color using the stencil! So cool! And the card is super cute too!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete