Sunday, December 3, 2017

Let It Snow IPC 61


 Super pumped for the new Inky Paws Challenge.
For this challenge we have a Sketch Challenge!



I love sketch challenges because it allows me to think outside the box.
A recent cleaning and downsizing of my office,
 I discovered some cool paper, I had forgotten.
 This lead me into the color story of the card.



Let It Snow a card by Diane Morales| Snow Globe Scenes Stamp Set by Newtons Nook Designs



 Using the printed paper as a color guide, I cut and colored trees
and the deer from the Snow Globes Scenes Stamp Set.
I am in LOVE with all the little elements in the stamp set, so many ways to stamp with all the pieces.
 To set the scene for the card, I die-cut out a piece of white paper.
 Using Distress ink and a little water, I painted in the top part of blue, 
and the bottom green.
Does not have to be perfect. Most of the background is covered by elements.
Next, layer on all the elements, once again using your best judgement.
For this card I used the layer effect to match the sketch.
Just because I wanted the card to have a winter wonderland look.
 I added in the snow on the tree and ground.  This did not go as planned.
 I should have added more of the paint and white glitter to the snow mix.
MY winter wonderland looks like a heavy frost warning.
I let that go, and added on a sentiment.

When I finished the card, I noticed the excessive amount
 of leftover die cuts littering my desk. 
SO… why not make another card!



For this card, I made a little Mini-Me shaker card of the large card.
AND… this time my snow looks cool!


I hope that this inspires you to create your own Winter Wonderland.
When you done, use the link in the Challenge picture to link up your creations.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
All the best

Diane


     


No comments:

Post a Comment