Sunday, February 11, 2018

Thanks For Owl You Do.


We are halfway through the current Inky Paws Challenge
over at Newton's Nook Designs.
Check out the amazing challenge colors we have below.


For my card, I mixed the challenge colors up!
Thanks For All You Do a card by Diane Morales | What a Hoot Stamp Set by Newtons Nook Designs

I started with the background for the card.
Twisted Citron Distress Ink that is colored smashed onto white cardstock.
After the base dried, I layered a die cut circle scrap.


 On top of that I layered the “Tumbling Heart Stencil”.


 It's important to note that blue tape works great here and that all the layers
 need to be taped down so that they don't move.
The next thing I did was mix Ranger Texture Paste and Metallic White Pear acrylic paint.
The acrylic paint is the kind that you find at Michaels in the little squeezy tubes.
 The ratio on the mix is approximately 2/3 to 1/3 and you just mix the two together.
 This was all an experiment and I was not sure if it was going to work 
or even dry, but I went ahead with the idea anyways.
I spackled the mixture on 2 the layers I created and waited a couple of minutes.
  I pulled the stencils carefully and let everything dry.
 Warning! This experiment did take some time for this to dry, so plan accordingly.
While everything was drying, 
I die cut out my owls from the “What a Hoot Stamp Set”
I decided to use the brown and pink color from the challenge on the owls.
I’m glad I did because it came out so cute!
I also colored, and die cut my tree limb and leaves.
When everything was dry on the background,
I assembled all my die cut pieces on top. 
Added my sentiment, placed everything on a card base, and the card was done!
  I LOVE the way this card turned out 
and I encourage you if you have some time to mix things up a bit and see what you can create.
I especially love the way the shiny Hearts came out using the Metallic pearl paint.


 I will be mixing these two mediums again because the results are amazing!
 Now it is your turn to get your PAWS INKY.

 Use the Link in the challenge picture above to 
show us your creations, cards or any other project.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
Links to the stamps, stencil and die below.


See you at the start of the next Inky Paw’s Challenge.

Diane









                                                     






   

                                                                               

                                                                     




                                                                     









No comments:

Post a Comment