Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sending Hugs with Baskets IPC 68


Hello Everybody!
 Welcome to a NEW Inky Paws Challenge.
This time around we have a color challenge for you.


I don't know about you guys but this time changes got me all messed up.
The upside to this is that spring has sprung.
 All the flowers in my yard are starting to bloom and there is color everywhere!
With Easter around the corner I thought I would take the opportunity
 to dig deep into my bag of crafty trick and do something a little different.
Using the challenge colors, I came up with these cute mini Easter baskets.

Sending Hugs with Baskets| A project by Diane Morales | Sending Hugs Stamp Set by Newtons Nook Designs

The idea for these baskets came sometime ago when I when I taught a class on
 how to use your Score-pal. You guys remember that tool, most people still have one.
This is surprisingly simple, and here it is.
Start with a 6-inch round circle.


How you create that circle is up to you if you want to use your Silhouette, cricket, 
or just your dig into the stash and grab that Circle cutter. 
The important thing to remember is it must be 6-inch round, or your final basket will be lopsided.
Once your circle is cut, take out your favorite scoreboard of your choice and you’re going to score at the 2-inch line and the 4-inch line. Turn to the right and score at the 2-inch line and the 4-inch line again.
Next, score all those round corners from the center Square out.


Finally, fold all those corners and then an attached those on the inside with your favorite heavy glue.
The handle of the basket is simply a 1-inch strip of paper that is glued to the inside.



 To decorate my baskets, I grabbed my Sending Hugs Stamp Set, 
and use elements from the stamp set to make each basket individual and unique.
I had a great time picking and choosing which one of my
 favorite Newton aniamal was going to go with what basket color.


The “Happy Easter” sentiment is from the Hello Spring Stamp Set
I know what you're thinking, there’s a die somewhere from a company that does this? This is true.
Sometimes, I like to just create things from scratch. I LOVE all the crafty tools that I have in my arsenal, and I LOVE to pull them out and used them whenever I can.
This is such an easy project that even little hands can help you with it.
Also, is a great classroom project for you teachers out there.
That is my inspiration for today. I hope that this inspires you to grab your favorite
Newton Nook Stamp Set, your favorite tool from your stash and create something.
Don’t forget to show us what you create using the link above in the challenge picture.
As always, links to the stamp sets and dies are below.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
See you at the halfway point.
Diane











No comments:

Post a Comment