Monday, March 5, 2018

Hello Spring! IPC 67


Hello and welcome to a new Inky Paws Challenge
This time around we have one of my favorite challenges!
 
 It's a sketch challenge!



Since we've been having some unusual bit of cold in our area.
 I waned to do something fun and playful and just bright and cheery.

Hello Spring a card by Diane Morales | Hello Spring Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs


The idea for this card came from organizing my 6x6 paper.
I came upon the HELLO paper, that you see in the background.
The colors on this paper gave me the idea for this card.
I started out by trimming that paper and placing it on a cardstock base.

To create the background of the card. I wanted to do something different,
 so I started going through my Newton's Nook Dies
 and I came across the Land Borders Die Set
 I chose the Wavy Hill Background and just die cut pieces of that
 die out to make the back details of the sketch.

NOTE: the color seen here changed when I staged the card


For the tag portion on the sketch
I just received the Cloud Sky Stencil. I use Versamark to ink the clouds
 onto white cardstock, heat embossed with clear embossing powder,
and then inked in with Broken China Distress Ink.
Then, I stamp out my bunny from the Hello Spring Stamp Set colored the bunny
 and flowers in and added some glossy accents to the flowers.



Finally, I assembled everything onto the card base card base.

I love the way that this card came out and it’s kind of awesome
the whole idea came from a piece of paper from my stash.

I hope this inspired you to get you PAWS INKY.
Use the link in the challenge picture above to show us what you create.
Links to the stamps and dies below.
See you at the halfway point.
Thanks for stopping by!

Diane










No comments:

Post a Comment