Friday, August 26, 2016

There is a fish on my card!


Hey everyone! hope all is going well.  Coming at you today with a card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge GO FISH.  Slight problem with this, when I went into the stash to find a stamp set to make a card with, I did not have one fish set. Not one! Guess I don't like fish. 
Time to stretch my crafty muscle and go with the next best thing, I got out my Silhouette Cameo. I don't use my machine as much as I like, and have been wanting to make a card from scratch for awhile. (no stamps or do-dads). I started simple, just fish and waves.
 Ten husband/cat related interruptions later, NO CARD! Just a pile of die cut white paper. Frustrated by my lack of mojo, I stared to clean up and then saw a piece of scrap that the fish were die cut from. Crafty lightning struck and I had an idea! I would stencil those fish to the front of my card. 
The rest came fell into place, including the sentiment, which I am PROUD to say I created myself. All the coloring on the card is distress inked in. No color paper was used.  I love this card, and I hope that it gives you inspiration to go out of your craft comfort zone. By for now  Diane




3 comments:

  1. Darling card, love the orange with the blue. the waves are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Sandra. This card was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,Sandra. This card was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete