Friday, August 26, 2016

There is a fish on my card!


Hey everyone! hope all is going well.  Coming at you today with a card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge GO FISH.  Slight problem with this, when I went into the stash to find a stamp set to make a card with, I did not have one fish set. Not one! Guess I don't like fish. 
Time to stretch my crafty muscle and go with the next best thing, I got out my Silhouette Cameo. I don't use my machine as much as I like, and have been wanting to make a card from scratch for awhile. (no stamps or do-dads). I started simple, just fish and waves.
 Ten husband/cat related interruptions later, NO CARD! Just a pile of die cut white paper. Frustrated by my lack of mojo, I stared to clean up and then saw a piece of scrap that the fish were die cut from. Crafty lightning struck and I had an idea! I would stencil those fish to the front of my card. 
The rest came fell into place, including the sentiment, which I am PROUD to say I created myself. All the coloring on the card is distress inked in. No color paper was used.  I love this card, and I hope that it gives you inspiration to go out of your craft comfort zone. By for now  Diane




No comments:

Post a Comment