Sunday, August 19, 2018

Colorful Mermaids. IPC 79


Hello Everybody!

Welcome to a NEW Inky Paws Challenge.

For the next couple of weeks, we have a lovely set of colors for you to work with.

These colors demand to be noticed, so I decided to go BOLD.


You are Mermazing a card by Diane Morales | Narly Mermaid Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs

When it comes to a color challenge the hardest part is deciding what color goes where.
I know I wanted to showcase the Narly Mermaid Stamp Set.
For some odd reason I wanted my mermaid to have yellow hair. 
So, I started that with that idea.
Yellow and Teal naturally go together with each other, those will be the two colors I would use on the mermaid.
 That left the remaining two colors to use in a background.
Not every card has to be complicated. 
For this background I just blue taped off a section of card front 
and just started applying Distressed Ink until I got the right texture I wanted.


This is not a hard thing to do, but a friendly reminder start light and build your colors. 
You can always add more color, but it is a harder process to take off the color.

Also, this is a great technique for those people just starting out with Distress Ink. 
There is no right or wrong you just put dauber on the ink until you like the way it looks.
Super simple. Lots of fun. Definitely addicting. Sorry ahead of time…
When the Distress Ink was dry, I stamped my sentiment directly onto it.


I added my I added my starfish friends in coordinating colors 
and added some yellow enamel dots just to bring it all together.
To finish, a bit of glitter from my Stickles stash.

Hope you enjoyed my inspiration.
Links to the goodies below.
Thanks so much for stopping by.


Diane








No comments:

Post a Comment