Monday, December 2, 2019

Many Thanks! IPC 112


Who’s ready for a NEW Inky Paws Challenge!


Yes folks, create some snowy fun!
Check out my project!

Many Thanks a card by Diane Morales | Penguin Pile Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs

It all started one evening when I was up in my crafty space.
I was messing around with the Evergreens Stencil.
 Just using scraps of leftover paper and color plucking whatever ink
 I grabbed from the ink drawer.


I ended up choosing a gray scrap and
Black Soot Distress Ink.
I inked out the trees and loved it.
Then I got an idea to make it even more awesome!
I made a quick mask for the trees.


Using the Petite Snow Stencil and Simon Says Stamp 
White Pigment Ink, I stenciled on some stars in the background.
The Penguin Pile Stamp set is my featured image.
Muted wintery colors are what I chose to color in my
 penguins with in keeping with the snow theme.


My sentiment is from the Thankful Thoughts Stamp Set.
This is embossed onto the front of my card
with white embossing power.
Using the Mountains Stencil, I turned the stencil upside down 
and using the same pigment inks as before.
 This created the snow drifts at the penguin’s feet.



I had an awesome time creating this project!
My favorite part is the use of
 unconventional colors for a holiday card.
All by accident!
I hope this inspires you to mess around in your crafty space 
and see what you can come up with
 using the challenge theme!

Tag us using
#inkypawschallenge
#newtonsnookdesigns

Have a wonderful week

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment