Monday, September 16, 2019

Halloween Stroll IPC 106

We are at the halfway point of the current Inky Paws Challenge!
We have a super fun challenge going on!

 I love Halloween!
One of my favorite memories is of trick or treating with the kids when they were small.
Nothing was more fun than sipping on a Pumpkin Spice Latte
on a creepy night, following the kids as they go door to door.
That was the idea behind this card.

Halloween Stroll a card by Diane Morales | Pumpkin Latte Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs

I started this card by creating a 1 ½ inch circle with masking paper.
That will become the moon.
Using the EVERGREENS STENCIL and Versamark ink, I stenciled my trees in black.
I heat set the trees with clear embossing powder so that I could ink right over my trees.



I wanted a kind of hazy and eerie look to my trees.
 I just started applying  ink first using lighter colors and then darker colors.
I put a good amount of Distress Ink on the background blending as I went
and smoking out the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.
While that background was drying, I stamped and colored my images from the
I also created the bottom part of the card with gray cardstock and
During the process of assembling my card I did re- cut my card so that
 the trees were peeking out behind my stamped image.
I removed my mask and it looked great!


I stamped my sentiment on the bottom in white for a nice contrast.
I assembled all the pieces of my card and add on the pumpkins for a fun touch.
I hope this inspires you to create some Halloween Fun
Using your favorite Newton’s Nook Stamps.

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Diane


1 comment:

  1. Love your Halloween scene Diane, great use of the tree stencil with the gorgeous purple sky

    ReplyDelete