Monday, May 18, 2020

Aloha from Newton IPC 123

We are at the halfway point of the current Inky Paws Challenge.

Check out the amazing sketch we have for you!


Using the sketch, I came up with this relaxing beachy card

featuring the Aloha Newton Stamp Set!


Using the Aloha Newton Stamp Set, I stamped out 2 of the images.

The first image was colored in using my go to colors of Distress Ink

Pickled Raspberry

Twisted Citron

Carved Pumpkin

For the second stamped image, I carefully cut off the palm tree from the right side.


I colored all my palm trees in a combo of

Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink

Using a basic banner die from my stash.

I broke out blue tape and marked of a section that I wanted for the “sand”.

Inking in my “sand” using Distress Oxide in Antique Linen.



When the sandy section was completely dry, I stamped on my sentiment.

To put it all together, I glued my top piece on some foam and maneuvered the palm tree in the back so that the cut off bottom did not show.

Placed my image on the sandy portion of the card.

For a final touch, I added some glimmer from a Nuvo glitter Gloss Aqua shimmer pen to my sand.


I hope you enjoyed todays card and that it inspires you to just create and have some fun.

Share your projects by using the link in the challenge picture above.

Tag us on social media using

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

 

Thanks so much for dropping by!

Stay safe and Stay crafty

Diane



No comments:

Post a Comment