Saturday, September 23, 2023

September Feature - Halloween Pile Slimline


Hello Newton’s Nook Fans!

Coming to you today with fun fall inspiration Using the NEW Halloween Time 6x6 Paper Pad.



As I was flipping through the paper pad, I came upon the spiders and the diagonal page.

Thought to myself “those spiders would make a fun creepy background”.

I wanted this to be a large background, so I chose the Scalloped Edge from the

Slimline Frames and Portholes Die to be my card base and front.

I sliced of a 2 1/2-inch portion of the paper, and then trimmed my paper down

to fit inside of the scalloped slimline.

I then trimmed the paper diagonally between the spiders.



I dry fit everything on the front of my card to make sure everything fit nice and clean, and

 spaced out my strips and left a bit of black showing to add interest to the background.

   I inked all my edges with Black Soot Distress Ink before placing the pieces on the card front.

My stamp of choice is Halloween Pile.

Stamping, coloring, and die cutting my image came next.


I used the small, scalloped oval from the Oval Frames Die Set as a place to put my image.

The banner die that is in the Slimline Frames and Window Die was placed in the upper right

 corner with my sentiment. To finish the card, I stamped a bunch of bats from Halloween Pile.

 I covered the bats with black glitter embossing powder and heat set.

Once the bats were dry, I added them to the front of my card.

 

Hope you enjoyed my Halloween slimline card.

All the links to the product are in the blog post above.

Stay crafty my friends!


Diane


No comments:

Post a Comment