Monday, March 4, 2024

Shaken Slimline Birthday Card

 

Hello Newton’s Nook Fans!

Diane Morales here sharing a shaken slimline Birthday Card !

 


For this card I used the following items

Birthday Barks

Birthday Woofs Paper Pad

Slimline Frames and Portholes Die

 

I had this idea for a patchwork background for a card for a while.

But I was not sure how to create it.

I decided I would pick out my paper first and then work on the logistics.

I used the Birthday Woof’s Paper Pad,

and chose these papers to work with.



To make the background, I went into the stash and grabbed my 1.2 square Paper Shapers Punch.

This made quick work to punch out all the Squares needed for this background.




After gluing the background to a piece of cardstock, I set the background aside to dry 

and worked on the shaker part of the card.

For my shakers I use this combo:

 2 pieces of die cut cardstock (front of the shaker)

 using the portholes die from Slimline Frames and Portholes Die

1 piece of plastic hand cut to fit the die cut piece

1 piece of fun foam die cut with the Portholes Die

I prefer to use the thinnest fun foam that I can find at the craft store, this still gives

 plenty of space to for the shaky pieces and die cuts well.



1.       I glued my cardstock pieces together first and let them set up.

2.       I glue my plastic to the back of the cardstock piece.

3.       I trimmed up my foam piece and carefully glued it to the plastic piece,

 avoiding the parts of the plastic that that you are going to see through.

It is important to let these pieces dry before you work with them so that the 

pieces don’t move around and ooze glue where you do not want it.

The next thing I did was stamp, color, and die cut my piece from Birthday Barks.

I used the colors in the background as a guide and added pops of red for fun.

I mocked up the card to see if everything was going to work together.

I wanted the background colors where my shakers are going to be 

(top and bottom circles) to be more diffused. 

I used Portholes Die to cut out vellum circles.



  Now we are ready to assemble

First, I used the scalloped edge slimline die

 from Slimline Frames and Portholes Die to die cut out the background.

 Second, I flipped my front panel over and added my shaker mix to the top and bottom circles.



I added my vellum die cut circle on top of the shaky bits and then glued the

 patchwork background piece on top.

After the glue was set up and dry, I turned the piece over

 and added my sentiment circle and image from Birthday Barks.



To complete this card, I created a card base with white card stock

 using the scalloped edge slimline die from Slimline Frames and Portholes Die.

 Hope you enjoyed my take on this fun birthday card

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Hope you have an awesome week

DIANE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment