Tuesday, March 5, 2024

A Llama Birthday

 

 Hello Newton’s Nook Fans!

Diane Morales here sharing a Llama good Birthday card for Designer’s Nook.

  

So many birthdays this time of year for our family.

Today I am sharing a fun birthday card I created for a very special

 Birthday using a few of my favorite Newtons Nook Product.

 


For this card I used

Lovable Llamas

Birthday Mice (hat only)

Birthday Party 6x6 Paper Pad

A7 Frames and Banner

Bookmark Die (banner only)

 To start this card, I used the frame in the A7 Frames and Banner

To die cut 3 frames out of white cardstock.

Once cut, I glue the three frames together and place them aside with weight on to dry.

Thie idea for this card was to inset the printed cardstock into each window.

The pops of color coming from the windows and everything else to be neutral.

The hardest part of the card is choosing the paper that I wanted to use.

the Birthday Party 6x6 Paper Pad became the paper pad of choice.

But which color??



Thumbing through the pad I came across a slice of the confetti paper that you see in the middle.

I love the colors and that gave me the spark for the layout of the card.

I used the frame in the A7 Frames and Banner to die cut out the paper I chose.

I also created a card base that was slightly larger than the white frame what I created.

The first thing was to glue the frame that I created to the card base.

Next, I added the confetti pieces to the middle part of the frame.

The blue ballon on the left.

The yellow presents on the right.

These pieces are inset, so I glued the back and wiggled them in.

Stamping, coloring, and die cutting images from Lovable Llamas came next.


I used the colors from the cardstock to color the image.

I used black, gray, and white to color the Llama and the extras.

I attached all these pieces to the front of the card with foam tape.

The Llama needed a bit extra.

I started thumbing through my Newton’s stamps and decided on the party hat

 From Birthday Mice that fits so well on the Llamas Head.

For a final touch I used the banner from the Bookmark Die.

I die cut the banner first.

Stamped my sentiment



Then I ran the banner back through the die to shorten the banner to fit on the card.

I also added tiny gems in the confetti panel for a touch of sparkle.

That is my card!

 


 Thanks for stopping by

 Hope you have an awesome day

Stay crafty my friends!

Diane

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment