Thursday, May 16, 2024

Fun Flower Card with Newton

 

So excited to share this fun card with you today

For the Newton’s Nook Blog.



 For this card I used

Newton’s Flower Garden

Cat-itude Stamp Set

Basic Frames Die Set

Speech Bubble Die

Floral Lace Stencil

Sometimes I just get in mood to play around with items in the studio.

This was the case for the background of this card.

I felt like I hadn't been using my stencils enough lately, so I decided just to mess around with a few.

I randomly picked up the Floral Lace Stencil and decided to use it.

I went to the scarp pile and randomly picked this burnt orange cardstock.

Since the card stock is so dark, I chose to use Picked Raspberry and Kitch Flamingo Distress Oxides.

Unfortunately, when I get in these creative moods I forget to take pictures.

ths picture came after the card was created.







Starting this card normally by tapping the stencil down to the card stock

 Just blending my 2 oxide choices together starting with dark at the ends and blending in.

Nothing fancy, just blend till you like it.

Once the blending was done, I placed the card top aside to dry a bit.

I love the way the floral background came together.

  Then I started sifting through my Newton stamps to find a stamp that would best fit this.

I decided on Newton's Flower Garden, this would be fun, and the style would go great.

I stamped, colored, and die cut out my images.


I also stamped out a couple of extra butterflies because I knew I was going to use those.

The stitched frame in the Basic Frames Die Set is one of my new favorites.

This die makes creating a card front and base so easy!

Wanting to use a sentiment from the Cat-itudeStamp Set I had

to come up with a creative way to place my sentiment.

I used the Speech Bubbles Die upside down.

To assemble this card, I started with the upside-down speech bubble and placed it on the card front first.

I added on my Kitty image popped up with foam tape and covered up the speech bubble dibble.

My butterflies went on next followed by a few matching gems.

 

This was such a fun and easy card!

I hope you get to try this card for yourself!

 Thanks for stopping by

  Hope you have an awesome day

 Stay crafty my friends!

Diane

 


No comments:

Post a Comment