Sunday, September 2, 2018

Lama Celebration! IPC 80


Welcome to the start of a NEW Inky Paws Challenge.
It's a Sketch Challenge my favorite kind!


Before I was on the inspiration team, I loved to play along with the Inky Paws Challenge.
When I won Inky Paws Challenge it was a sketch challenge.
 These challenges are near and dear to my heart.
Using the challenge sketch, I came up with this card as my inspiration!

Llama Celebration a card by Diane Morales | Llama Delivery Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs

Sometimes sketch challenges can be a little bit excuse the pun “challenging”.
In this case I did not want to do a literal interpretation of the sketch.
So, I stared at the sketch a bit and decided how I was going to interpret it.
This idea started by going into my stash of paper and choosing the bright orange polka dotted paper.
That choice led me into the colors that I used on the llama that is featured on the front element.
The llama stamp is from the Llama Delivery Stamp Set
 I colored the stamp in with Distress Markers because I wanted the colors to festive and bright.

Once the choice in the llama colors were decided, I went to my card stock stash and selected coordinating colors to use in the background elements of the sketch to match my colored llama.
The background sash element is part of the Land Boarders Die Set.
I die cut the two different color papers out and using the “celebration” sentiment
 from the Birthday Essentials Stamp Set,  and stamped my sentiment on top.
 Layering the elements on top of each other came next, 
followed by the llama on top with foam tape. 
 To finish the card, I grabbed some enamel dots and jewels 
and place those strategically on top

That is my take on the challenge sketch.
I hope this inspires you to grab your Newton Nook Stamps and put your twist on this sketch.

Thanks so much for stopping by
Links to the goodies below.
HUGS
Diane











No comments:

Post a Comment