Monday, January 7, 2019

Newton Celebrates! IPC 88


We are at the halfway point of the current Inky Paw’s Challenge!

Using the challenge colors, I came up with this card to inspire you.

Newton Celebrates a card by Diane Morales | Newton Celebrates Stamp Set by Newton Nook Designs


This is an easy card with a mid-century modern feel.
It all starts with the background.
The base of the card comes from the center part of the Frames and Flags Die Set.
 Die cut out the rounded square piece out and attached it to a card base.
On top of that, I used the Starfield Stencil, but only certain stars on
 the stencil using the blue and red in  the challenge colors.


This is a hold your breath moment, because if you mess up, you will be starting over.
While the stars were drying, I stamped out Newton in a martini glass
I chose the color Newton in neutral colors, so they did not clash with the background.
I added a little bit of bling by coloring the martini glass in with gold metallic watercolor.


Traditional colors went on the olive for just a splash of different color.
With the Stars dried, I added my sentiment using black Versamark ink.
I die cut out my image and attached it to the front of my card using foam tape.
Now it is your turn! Use the challenge colors and your favorite Newton Nook Product
and show us how you get your Paw’s Inky!

Thanks for stopping by.
Have an amazing rest of the week

Hugs

Diane





1 comment:

  1. This is SO CUTE! I love the pops of stars behind the kitty and you're right - it totally does have a mid-century modern feel! Love it!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete