Monday, August 24, 2020

Inky Paws Challenge - Create a Scene

 

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.

I decided to have A LOT of fun with this challenge.

Check out my shaped card.


I was flipping through my idea book and came across the sketch I made

a year ago, for this card and I decided to give the sketch a try for the challenge.

The dinosaur is from the “Tea Rex” Stamp Set.

He is chilling in a city made up from the

Newton Dreams of New York

and
Snow Globe Scenes Stamp Sets



The base of the card is created using the Circle Frames Die Set.

I die cut out 2 of the Scalloped Edge Circle Die and chopped of a bit of the bottom of one.

I colored in the bottom part with my alcohol inks, this became the “ground”

When I assemble the card, the card did not feel large enough for the scene.

I ended adding on a basic circle die behind the Circle Frame Die to make the card balance.

To finish of my card, I used my favorite banner from the Frames and Flags Die Set.

I used my alcohol markers to color in the banner and stamped on the sentiment

that is part of the Happy Little Thoughts Stamp Set.


I also decided to pop a few items up with foam tape to

give my card that dimension I was looking for.

I had a blast bringing my sketch to life and

I hope this inspires you to CREATE A SCENE!

Using your Favorite Newton’s Nook Stamps

Share your projects by using the link in the challenge picture above.

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by!

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

 

DIANE


No comments:

Post a Comment