Monday, July 12, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 152 - Color Challenge



Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.


A color challenge is a favorite of mine.

Using the challenge colors, I came up with this card.


Let us talk about the star of this show the Retro Sun & Palms Stencil Set.

Growing up in California this is an iconic image, the endless summer.

I chose to put down the first layer of the stencil, offset in the background of the card.

My color choices,

Festive Berries, Kitsch Flamingo, and Scattered Straw Distress Ink

I inked up the stencil from the bottom up.

Where the colors meet, I blended them in softly.


! THIS LAYER OF INK MUST BE DRY BEFORE YOU ADD ON THE NEXT STENCIL !

For my palm trees I made the bold chose of going with Black Soot Distress Ink.

I held my breath while inking on the part of the stencil,

one wrong move and I was starting from the beginning.

All is well and I love the pop of black on the bold challenge colors.

As the background was drying, I turned my attention to

my featured stamp from the Kitten Beach Stamp Set.

I colored in my stamped image with the challenge colors and gray for the kitty.


To finish my card, I added on a sentiment, and adhered

my kitty to the front of my card with fun foam.

That completes my take of the challenge colors.

What will you create using these fun colors?

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 



OR

 


to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

 

DIANE



No comments:

Post a Comment