Monday, July 26, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 153 - Sketch Challenge

 

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge

Using the challenge sketch, I came up with this fun card!


First, let’s talk about the Buns Out Mini Stamp Set!

Could this be any cuter and fun?

This card was the first idea I had for this stamp Set.

Of course, it all starts with the background.

I love a shaped card and this one I created by

 using the Frames Squared Die Set to create my card base.

I also die cut a separate piece of cardstock to be the card front.

Creating that card front was easy!

The Waves stencil, Salty Ocean, and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.

Taping the stencil down to the card front and I inked up the stencil till

I got the right amount of colors in my waves.


I also added a bit of “edge” using the Salty Ocean Distress Ink.

I put the card front aside to dry and turned my attention to all the

 components that are going on top of the card front.

A natural choice to go the Buns Out Stamp is the Sky Scene Builder Die.

I die cut the sun from the set and using my Spectrum Noir markers colored the sun in.

I also die cut out clouds.

On one of the clouds, I carefully stamped my sentiment.

I also added a bit of gray shadow so that the clouds will stand out from the background.

To create the background, I simply used the  Decorative Square

 in the Frames Squared Die Set and white cardstock.

It is on the square that I stared to build the center element of the sketch.

I started first with a banner from the Frames and Flag Die Set.

Using my markers again, I colored the banner a bright orange.



Finally, came all the other elements, moving things around

 until I like the placement of everything.

For the burger and the sun, I added foam tape.

Once everything looked good, I glued everything down

and added my card front to the card base.

my take on this challenge sketch was done.

Now it is your turn.

Take the challenge sketch and show us your take.

 DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 

OR

 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

 

DIANE



No comments:

Post a Comment