Monday, October 4, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 158 - Color Challenge

 

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.


 Here is my take on the challenge.

 For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Designs product.

Witchy Newton

Knight Owl

Spooky Roundabout Stamp Set

Cascading Star Stencil

Banner Trio Die Set

I just wanted to have fun with the challenge colors. See what I come up with. 

To start  this card by creating a card front using teal card stock, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink

and the Cascading Star Stencil.   

I got my stencil all inked up on my card stock and let my stars dry.


Next, I turned my attention to stamping and coloring my images.

This was the hardest part for me, I wanted to have a good balance of all the colors.

I just took my time coloring and tried not to overthink anything.

Once the images were colored in, how to finish the card is what was on my mind.

When I get into these conundrums, I always go with my go to a shaped card.

I went into my die stash and came up 4 1/4th circle die this should fit everything on my card nicely.

I die cut out my card front out of the stenciled stars and set up the placement of everything on the card front.

A whole lot of foam time was used on this one to get everything just the way I wanted it.

The final part of this card is to create the banner from the Banner Trio Die Set

and a sentiment from the Spooky Roundabout Stamp Set.


I created the banner in black and white card but ended up using the black banner.

The black sentiment seemed to complement the card better.

To complete the card, I crated a car base from the same teal card stock and attached the card front to it.

This completes my take on our color challenge.

Now it is your turn.

Take the challenge theme and show us your take.

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as


 

OR


to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



1 comment: