Monday, October 11, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 159 - Sketch Challenge

 

HAPPY MONDAY!

Who is ready for a NEW Inky Paws Challenge?

Here is my take on this challenge!



For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Designs product.

Trick or Treat Kittens

Argyle Stencil Set

Frameworks Die Set

Frames Squared Die Set

Slimline Frames and Window Die 

I always keep a stash of backgrounds in a basket in the drawer

 of my desk for when I am feeling less crafty.

These are things I create kind of like crafty homework.

 I create these backgrounds not for a project, it is just to mess around and freestyle, no agenda.

Going thru this basket  I found this cool background. I am not sure when I created it.

 I know that I used the diamonds from the Argyle Stencil Set . (I put a note on the back)

I thought this would be a good place to start for this card.

The goal is to let the candy corn color colors of this card front show thru as much as possible.


That is why I decided to use a  1 1/4 in strip of vellum for the 1st element.

You can tell it is there, but the vellum does not take away from all the lovely color the back.

The 2nd element had to be the frame with the outside scallop from the Frameworks Die Set.

I used black card stock to make it stand out and add a bit of texture to the card.

Next, I added a leftover offcut square of white card stock from 

the Slimline Frames and Window Die.

This is where my colored in Halloween kitten will be added on with foam tape.

Next, I used the large circle from the Frameworks Die Set and stamped on my sentiment.



To finish my card, I added on some candies from the Trick or Treat Kittens Stamp Set.

I also created a card base for my card with some matching card stock from my stash.

This completes my take on our sketch challenge.

Now it is your turn.

Take the challenge theme and show us your take.

 DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 


OR

 


to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



No comments:

Post a Comment