Monday, October 18, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 159 - Sketch Challenge

 


Hello Inky Paws Fans!
We are at the halfway point of this current challenge

For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Designs product.

Batty Newton

Candy Corn Stencil

Frameworks Die Set

Circle Frames Die Set

Frames and Flags Die Set

In keeping with the Halloween theme, I created this card.


For the background I used the Candy Corn Stencil.

I kept the colors traditional using Distress Oxide Ink to make sure the candy corn stands out.

Once the ink was dry, I used the Scalloped Edge Die from the Frameworks Die Set

 to cut out my stenciled image and create the center element.


Simple is the name of the game for this card.

I opted for matching yellow card stock to create my card front.

White card stock was used for the element on the rear of the sketch.

My featured stamp is Batty Newton.

I colored in my image using earthy colors.

 I do like the way the colors looks against all the yellow.


          To create the prize medallion that has my sentiment I started with

 the 1 3/8th circle from the Circle Frames Die Set with white card stock.

Next, I found  a circle die from my stash that is slightly larger and used it with black card stock.

To finish the medallion, I used one of the flags from the Frames and Flags Die Set.

This had to be slightly trimmed down on the sides to get the proportions right.

Once the sentiment was stamped on, I glued everything together and added this to the card.

To finish my card, I placed my card front on a card created with white card stock

This completes my take on our sketch challenge.

Now it is your turn.

Take the challenge theme and show us your take. 

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 


OR



 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



No comments:

Post a Comment