Monday, March 14, 2022

Inky Paw's Challenge 169 - Think Spring !


Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We have a NEW challenge coming your way.

Check out this fun challenge!



For the next two weeks we are thinking about SPRING!


For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Design’s product.

Hummingbird Stamp Set (flower only)

Petite Flowers Stencil

A7 Frame and Banners Die

Spring Roundabout Stamp Set (sentiment only)

When I think of think of Spring the first thing that comes to mind is flowers.

All the pretty colors that I will soon be looking at.

To start this card, I stared thumbing through my stamp set and seeing what sparked my interest.

I came upon the Hummingbird Stamp Set and the very funky flower that is in that set.

This gave me the idea to use this flower with bright bold color.



I stamped and colored the flower several times to give me lots of choices for this card.

But how to complement the flower was the next challenge.

I knew that I wanted to use the A7 Frame and Banners Die, but what colors?

I started pulling out cardstock to see what would match and settled on the unlikely choice of gray.

The gray just brought the colors of the flowers to life.

To make the card front, I die cut out all the pieces of the A7 die twice.

Once in gray and once in white card stock.

 I used the Petite Flowers Stencil with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide

 and stenciled up each window insert that I had die cut in white.

To assemble the card, I created a card base with white card stock.



I glued down the frame of the A7 die and then glued in the window inserts I has created.

Next, I added on the flowers that I die cut out.

To finish out the card I create a place for my sentiment using one of the banners in the die set.

And that completes my take on this challenge.

Now it is your turn!

Show us your take on our fun color challenge

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be


OR

 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

                                                       Do you use Instagram?                                           

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY. 

DIANE




No comments:

Post a Comment