Monday, June 20, 2022

Inky Paw's Challenge 176 - Color Challenge

 

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We have a NEW challenge coming your way.


 Using the challenge colors, I came up with this card.


For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Design’s product.

Purr-maid Newton

Waves Stencil

Sea Boarders Die

With these colors I wanted to inspire you to do something unexpected.

I went thru my Newton stamp draw and came across the Purr-maid Newton.

Something just clicked in my head “Blue Cat”.

Mermaids come in different colors… right!



I stamp out my purr-maid and colored one blue in the challenge colors

and the other purr-maid with red accents.

Super excite for how cute the purr-maids turned out, I turned my attention to how to finish this card.

I thought that I stenciled background was the best option and decided on the Waves stencil.

I wanted to keep the background easy and stenciled dark blue ink onto blue cardstock.

The colors did not stand out as boldly as I wanted them to.

Next, I tried and old technique, I stenciled on the blue cardstock

with Versamark ink and heat set with clear embossing powder.

The clear embossing powder lifted color off the card stock and created a light blue wave.

This created the bold look I was looking for in the background.



As I was staging the card, I noticed that I did not have enough white on the card.

I used the Sea Boarders die to create a white wave area at the bottom of the card.

This also became a great place for my sentiment.

To finish my card, I added on some of the fish from the die set.

Also, I got out my bucket of Stickles and glittered all the Purr-maid parts and the fish.

I hope this inspires you to try out this fun challenge.

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be


OR

 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

                                                       Do you use Instagram?                                           

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE




1 comment: