Sunday, June 5, 2022

Inky Paw's Challenge 175 - One Layer Challenge

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We have a NEW challenge coming your way.

It is one-layer card time!

For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Design’s product.

Lemon Twist

Basketweave Stencil

Circle Frames Die



This was a hard one!

It is no secret that one-layer cards are not my jam.

However, I am always up for a challenge and formulated a plan.

I was going to used texture to give this card some depth.

I stared by making of a circle using masking paper and the Circle Frames Die.

this masked off area will be where my featured design will end up being stamped.

First, I must create a background.

I chose to make a smashed background using Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink.

I smashed the ink pads onto a gel plate, sprayed a bit of water

and smashed my card front on the ink. I used my heat to dry the background so

the next part of the card does not bleed together.

I used the Basketweave Stencil and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink

 to add texture to the top and bottom of the card.



I need this part of the card to dry completely before moving on,

 so I decided to work on the feature circle.

I gently removed the masking paper and stamped of the large lemon.


  


I carefully colored in the lemon and leaf, and I also stamp on my sentiment.

With card now dry, I was ready to use the Basket Weave Stencil and texture paste

This added a bit more layers to the top and bottom of the card.

For the final layer of the card, I used the peel in the stamp set and clear embossing ink.

Once the peels were stamped on, I add clear embossing powder and heat set.

I do love how this card turned out!

All the different textures on the card are so fun to look at.

I hope this inspires you to try out this fun challenge.

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be



OR

 



to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

                                                       Do you use Instagram?                                           

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



1 comment: