Sunday, January 19, 2020

MINE ! IPC 115


Who is ready for a NEW Inky Paws Challenge!
Here it is!
 Inky Paws Challenge

I honestly don’t know where my ideas come from.
When an idea gets stuck in my head, I 
must see it through.
This was the case with this card.

Mine! a card by Diane Morales using the Gull Freinds Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs

I knew for this challenge I did not wat to do “normal hearts”.
Thumbing through my Newton stamp set I came across my Gull Friends Stamp Set
Then I thought to myself seagulls + sunshine.
I grabbed my Sunscape Stencil and inked up a background
of sunlight using Squeezed Lemonade and Antique Linen Distress Ink.


I also die cut the bottom “sea” part of my card using
the Sea Borders Die Set and some light blue cardstock.
I then colored in my seagulls to match the colors that I had used already.
It is about this time that I realized that challenge was about HEARTS
 and I had NO HEARTS ON MY CARD!!!
In a panic, I started going thru my Newton Stamps looking
 for hearts that would make sense with what I created. 
I found the It’s a Plan Stamp Set with the perfect solution for my dilemma,
Those cute hearts all in a row!
I would stamp my hearts on my sun to “radiate love”
I used Scatted Straw Distress Ink and because I am a messy stamper,
i taped the bottom half so i can stamp the hearts just where i wanted them.


I also stamped in a heart above my seagulls and colored that in with red Nuvo Drops.
I attached all this card together using a base that was die cut from the
Finally, I die cut out the word “mine” using the Essential Alphabet Die Set.
I was just going to keep the letters white, but it looked BORING.
I took a chance, taped my letters down and inked up
the bottom half with the same ink I used for my sun above.
I liked the results and added them to the front of my card to mimic a wave pattern.

And… that is my take on hearts!
 Now it is your turn!
I can’t wait to see what everybody creates.
Don’t for get to tag us on social media.
Using
#newtonsnook
#newtonsnookdesigns
#inkypawschallenge

 Thanks so much for stopping by.

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment