Monday, January 10, 2022

Inky Paw's Challenge 164 - Color Challenge

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.

Here is my take on the challenge!


For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Design’s product.

Heartfelt Love

Heart Frame Die Set

Banner Trio Die Set

To create the top part of my card, I first stamped out my image from the Heartfelt Love Stamp.

Using the challenge colors, I colored all the hearts in.

I tried to keep a good balance of color keeping in mind that

I was going to be using a red banner for my sentiment.

Now that all the color was done, I die-cut out my heart using the Heart Frame Die Set.


These were glued to a basic piece of white card stock.

These two layers will keep the card base nice and rigid.

Once the glue was dry, I die-cut out my base with largest heart from the Heart Frame Die Set.

To assemble my card, I lined up the top and bottom of the card together.

I marked a place with my pencil where I wanted the brad to go.

Then using an awl (with a craft mat underneath) I punched a hole in my card.


I did not use a hole punch, because the many layers of this card are too thick for the average hole punch.

After adding in my brad and testing the hinge, I noticed that the card did not move smoothly.

A piece of heavy cardstock glued to back of the top layer will create a spacer for the brad.

To finish this card, created a banner using red card stock and the Banner Trio Die Set.

I embossed on my sentiment and added my banner to the front with foam tape.

I slid open the card and stamped on the suprise sentiment.

For a final touch I added some bling with a silver gel pen to my gray hearts.

 


That completes my take on this challenge.

 Now it is your turn!

Show us your take on  this color challenge. 

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be


 OR

 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

 

DIANE





 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment