Monday, July 11, 2022

Inky Paws Challenge 177 - Sketch Challenge


Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.


Using the challenge sketch, I came up with this card.



For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Design’s product.

Summer Scoops Stamp Set

 Frames Squared Die Set

Circle Frames Die Set

A7 Frames and Banners

Summertime 6x6 Paper Pad

I just LOVE the Summer Scoops Stamp Set!

This vintage set is a perfect paring for the NEW Sumertime paper pad.

Disclaimer: this is not a standard card size

The first thing I did was chose my paper from the summertime paper pad.

I decided on the stripes and blue dots for the background.


I cut the card stock down to a 3 x  5½ long rectangle.

Using a ruler, I drew a line from the upper left corner down.

I used my paper trimer to take of the corner to make an angle.

Next, using white cardstock I created a 4 x 6 ¼ cardstock front.

I also created a card base of the same dimensions.


To create all the elements of the card:

I stamped and colored my ice cream of choice from the Summer Scoops Stamp Set.

I die cut out the Fancy square from the Frames Squared die set.

A circle from pink cardstock and the Circle Frames Die came next.

Finally, the smallest banner from the A7 Frames and Banner Die Set.

To assemble the card:

I cut out a corner triangle out of the blue polka dot paper and 

pieced this on the right corner of my card base.

Once this was glued in place, I bent the corner down on my card front

 and glued it in place on my card base.

I made sure that the folder corner was nice and creased so you could see the cardstock behind it.

The striped paper was glued in place next.

Then I placed my elements on one at a time, adding foam tape when necessary.

At this point is when I realized that I forgot to add my sentiment.

I carefully stamped this on next to the ice creams on the front.

For a finishing touch, I added on gems and shimmer pen.

 

I hope this inspires you to try out this fun challenge. 

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be


OR

 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs! 

using random.org

                                          Do you use Instagram?                                           

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



1 comment: