Sunday, May 14, 2023

Inky Paw's Challenge 198 - Sketch Challenge

 


Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We have a NEW challenge coming your way.

Here is my take on the challenge.


For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Design’s product.

Kitten Beach

Spring Bloom 6x6 Paper Pad

A7 Frames and Banner Die Set

Newton Blooms (grass by the chair)

Spring Roundabout (sentiment)

 I started this card by creating the base for this card.

I used grass green cardstock and the A7 Frames and Banner Die Set.

I also created a background from the same cardstock.

Next, came the panels for the background.

 I knew that I wanted to use the tulips page from the Spring Bloom 6x Paper Pad.

I am NOT a technical card maker, so how to create

these panels in a simple way will be a challenge.

After measuring the background, I decided the panels could be no longer than 3 inches.

I need room for the sentiment at the bottom.

The paper is 6 inches wide.

I needed 6 panels, ok 1 inch each.

But…. I waned a slight gap between each panel, so I wound make the panel ¾ of an inch.

Final panel size ¾ x 3inches

I started by chopping a bit of the grass off the bottom of the paper.


Then I trimmed the top by the tulips to 3 inches.

Next, I trimmed the tulips into one-inch stripes.

I DID NOT trim the strip into ¾ first, because it would leave

too much of a gap between each panel causing the tulips not to line up.

Instead, I took each panel in sets of two and trimmed them to ¾ together.

This will keep the tulips lined up when the panel is glued to the card front.

I started with the left panel and slowly glued the panels on one by one.

I checked the placement as I went to make sure that I was gluing to panel as straight as possible.

I placed the card front aside to dry and stared to stamp out my image from the Kitten Beach.

I attached my image to the front of the card with foam tape.

I also stamped on my sentiment from Spring Roundabout.

The card needs a bit of something else.



I decided to add some stamped out grass from Newton Blooms.

Adding on the grass completes my take on the challenge

I Hope this gives you a bit of inspiration for your next project.

Make sure you share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

 

For a chance to be

 

OR



to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Are you social?

Follow me on Instagram

at 2.sistersproject

and

Newton’s Nook Designs

Also use the following hashtags

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesign

 

Thanks so much for visiting.

 

STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



 

 

 

1 comment: