Monday, April 1, 2024

Bright Bling Birthday featuring Newton's Bright Birthday

 

So excited to share this fun card with you today

For the Newton’s Nook Blog.



For this card I used

Newton’s Bright Birthday

Confetti Hot Foil Plate

Basic Frames Die Set

Frames and Tags Die Set

 

To start this card, I went into my basket of scraps.

When I have a design team project there is usually a lot of trial and error when creating.

Especially when it comes to hot foil. I keep a basket with all the “this has potential pile”

I had this one square of lilac cardstock that I had hot foiled with

 the Confetti Hot Foil Plate and Prism Hot foil.

I love the idea and foil color but had nowhere to use it.

When I picket up this square of cardstock this time the idea

 came into my head about a birthday card that was metallic and blingy.

I went digging into my metallic cardstock and grabbed

 a piece of “aluminum” cardstock from Michaels.

Using this cardstock and the zig zag edge rectangle from Frames and Tags Die Set.

This created my card front and card base from white cardstock.

The largest stitched rectangle from Basic Frames Die Set fits perfect inside of the die above.

I used this die to cut out my already created foiled cardstock.



Once these pieces were together and drying, I turned my attention to the stamped image.

I stamped out Newton’s Bright Birthday.

I used the colors I saw in the reflection of the aluminum cardstock,

teal, pink, orange and yellow to color my image.

I also created a very simple sentiment banner on white cardstock to place just below the image.

Once my image was die cut out, I put a bunch of foam tape on the back.

I lined up my sentiment piece first and glued it into place.

Then I glued my image just above.

Because there is NEVER ENOUGH BLING, I added on a few clear sequins

I also added bits of bling on the candles with gel pen.


 I LOVE the way this card came out!

the color shift on the card is so much FUN!

I hope you get to try this card for yourself!

 

 Thanks for stopping by

 Hope you have an awesome day

 

Stay crafty my friends!

Diane

  

No comments:

Post a Comment