Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Daffodil's for Spring

 

Hello Newton’s Nook Fans!

Diane Morales here sharing a fun and colorful

 Thank You card for Designer’s Nook.

 


 For this card I used

Daffodils

Spring Blooms Oval

Oval Frames Die Set

Banner Duo Die Set

 

The idea for this card came from all the daffodils that

are popping up all over our neighborhood right now.

I put a twist on this card by using a black cardstock embossed background.

I started this card by creating the embossed background.

I started by preparing a piece of black cardstock with a static bag.

This is a crucial step because I want a nice clean stamp with image with

my Versamark Ink that my embossing powder can cling to.

I stamped the Spring Blooms Oval onto the black cardstock.

My image looks nice and crisp,




  I added white embossing and heat set.

 Once the embossing powder is set, I am ready to die cut.

I use the 2 ¾ stitched oval to cut out my black cardstock.

I used the scalloped oval and white cardstock to die cut out the

 rest of the card front and the card base to create my shaped card.



I glued all the components of my card together and placed the card aside to dry.

 Next, I stamped out the Daffodils and colored them in.

 

 

I die cut out the Daffodils and used the die to die cut 2 extra layers.

I glued these two layers to the back of the Daffodils to add a bit of dimension.

To add a pop of color I created a sentiment banner with

the Banner Duo Die Set and pink cardstock.

I assembled the card adding the Daffodils to the front of the card and the banner on top.

To finish the card, I added a couple of matching enamel dots.

 



 Thanks for stopping by

 Hope you have an awesome day

Stay crafty my friends!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment