Monday, December 3, 2018

Merry and Bright IPC 86


Welcome to the second half of the current Inky Paws Challenge.
Here's the challenge sketch for you to check out.


This sketch is so much fun, but I might have gone overboard with this one.

Merry and Bright a card by Diane Morales | Petite Snow Stencil by Newtons Nook Designs

This card starts with the background.
Using the Petite Snow Stencil and some texture paste on white cardstock.
When that was dry, I taped off some lines with blue tape and 
applied Black Soot Distress Ink over the top of it


The first set off “stripes” I dried with a heat gun and then
 taped off the center to create the smaller stripes.
Holding my breath for this part, I inked in the center part of my stripes.
With the background done and drying, I turned my attention to tag on the front of the card.
The background “hills” is vanilla card stock and the Sky Boarders Die Set.
Die cut out two “hills” and layered the “hills” on top of each other over some white cardstock.
I used the tag from the Fancy Edges Tag Die Set, die cut everything out together.
Attach those “hills” directly onto the tag, leaving a little space in between for my trees.
The trees come next, using the Forest Scene Builder Die Set.
Using three of my favorite bright colors stamped out the trees, 
die cut them out and attach them to the front of the tag.


Time to add the snowman. He comes from the Snow Globe Scenes Stamp Set
Keeping with bright color theme, I chose red for the scarf.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment from the 
Sentiments of the Season Stamp Set on the front of the tag.

The only thing left to do is attached the tag to the front of card.
For some flair, I added Nuevo Drops to the trees and the background behind the snowman.

YEP!  There is a lot going on this card but…
It’s just SO MUCH FUN to mix and match dies and stamps up.
I hope this inspires you to MIX IT UP.
Don’t forget to link up your project using the link in the challenge picture.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful holiday.
Diane


Petite Snow Stencil by Newtons Nook Designs


Sky Boarders Die Set by Newton's Nook Designs



Fancy Edges Tag Set by Newton's Nook Designs

Forest Scene Builder Die Set by Newton's Nook Designs

Snow Globe Scenes Stamp Set by Newtons Nook Designs

Snow Globe Scenes Die Set by Newtons Nook Designs

Sentiment of the Season Stamp Set by Newton's Nook Designs





1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize how the background was created! What Fun! I love this even more now! Thanks for sharing your instructions!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete