Monday, June 21, 2021

Inky Paws Challenge 151 - Summer Vibes

 

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We have a NEW challenge coming your way.

Here is my take on the challenge.


 Summer has officially begun. Time to get out to the beach and enjoy life.

Here on the Gulf Coast, you can see so many interesting things at the beach.

The Tranquil Tides Stamp Set reminds me of all the found objects of the Gulf Coast.

I must admit, when I first got this stamp set way back when I was not sure how to use it.

Fast forward to 2021 and I have change as a crafter and there are stencils!

For the background on this card, I got out the Wave & Splashes Stencil.

My color choices

Evergreen Bough

Peacock Feathers

&

Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink

Once I got my card top taped down, I placed my stencil down and started inking.

When I stencil, I do not have expectations. I just ink until I like the way it looks.


Satisfied with the background, I placed it aside to dry

and turned my attention to the stamps in the Tranquil Tides Stamp.

I stamped out all the sea critters in various colors that matched the background.

I used Distress Oxide Ink so that the colors wound be bold.

I die cut out all my stamped images and got ready to build the card.

I knew what sentiment I was using, and stamped it out onto one of

the circles form the Circle Frames Die.

I lined up the sentiment circle where I wanted it on the card and

propped the circle up with foam tape.

I added on my stamped images to my sentiment circle until I liked what I saw.


Next, and ALMOST a complete re-do of my stamped images,

 I added on dots of White Nuvo Drops.

I was under the assumption that my Oxide Ink was dry enough.

WRONG! The Nuvo Drop did lift the color a bit and start to migrate.

I do like the way it looks, and it added a bit of light contrasting color.

To finish off the card, I added a bit of sparkly gems and

created a base for my card out of white card stock.

Now that my card is done it is time to show us your take on this fun challenge. 

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 


OR


to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

     Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

 

DIANE

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment