Monday, June 14, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 150 - Sketch Challenge


 Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.

What an awesome sketch we have for you to work with.

Here is my take on the challenge.

It is blazing HOT in Texas right now.

I came up with an idea to create a card that was like the rainbow sherbet I loved as a kid.

It all starts with the background.

I used Lemon Chiffon cardstock and the Large Scalloped Rectangle

from the Frames and Flags Die Set.

To create the element in the back I used the curved edge rectangle from

the same die set and white card stock.


I love texture in my cards, using the Petite Snow Stencil and Versamark Ink

 I stenciled on my little snowy dots and then heat embossed everything with clear embossing powder.

Texture achieved!

I used the Large Banner from the same die set to create another element in the background.

This time I used some Raspberry card stock and the little do-dad stamps 

that are in the Summer Scoops Stamp Set.

I did trim this banner down a bit to fit the style of the sketch.


Speaking of the Summer Scoops Stamp Set, that is my featured stamp set.

This is A Newton’s Nook Classic and one of my favorites.

I used bright citrusy colors to stand out on the front of my card.

To finish off this card I created a sentiment created from one of the Speech Bubble Dies.

I did trim down the die to fit the size I needed and rounded off the corners.

I also added a bit of sparkle with matching Stickles

Show us your take on this fun challenge. 

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

OR



to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

 

DIANE




No comments:

Post a Comment