Monday, August 9, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 154 - Use Stripes



 Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.


For my take on the challenge, I went a bit outside of the box.

I made underwater stripes!


This is way easier than you think.

I used the Hills and Grass Stencil and

Prize Ribbon, Salty Ocean, and Salvage Patina Distress Ink.

Stencil are so much fun! I just love to sit down and ink them in

different ways to see what I can come up with.

I started at the top of my card front using Prize Ribbon.


Please note: I was not paying attention and started by using the stencil upside down.

Not wanting to start over I just rolled with it.

Once that section was inked, I used Salty Ocean ink to clean up the edges.

Next , I flipped the stencil over to cover up what I inked and create the white layer.



Another note: I used blue tape to cover the bottom ”grass” portion of the stencil.

I inked up a small top edge of Salvage Patina then I flipped

the stencil again and inked up a bottom edge of the strip.


Flipping the stencil once more I used the Salty Ocean ink to clean up the edges of the stripe.


I repeated the process till I got to the bottom of the card front

and finished the bottom with Prize Ribbon Ink again

To Finish the card front, I sprayed water on the ink and let the ink migrate

to those great droplets of texture, we all love.

While the background was driving, I stamped and inked up my Scuba Newton Stamp Set.

I got a whole lot of blue going on, so I used colors that would stand out.

With the background now dry, my sentiments got stamped directly on.

To finish my card, I Placed Scuba Newton on the card front with fun foam,

added on some fishes and created a card base.

 

This completes my take on our stripe theme

Now it is your turn.

Take the challenge theme and show us your take.

 

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 

OR

 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



No comments:

Post a Comment