Monday, August 30, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 156 - Sketch Challenge

 


Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We have a NEW challenge coming your way.


 We have a FUN sketch challenge for you to work with.

Is it me? Or did summer just fly by so fast.

So much for endless summer, but…. that means that it is time for

My FAVORTE time of year Fall/Halloween

FAIR WARNING!

From this moment on there is going to be

a lot of Fall and Halloween coming your way.

Starting with this card.


Since I am still not felling 100% yet after catching Covid.

 I knew I had to keep things simple.

When I am lacking in creativity I always go back to my go to,

Black /white/ and a pop of color.

To start my card front, I built a card front using white cardstock and the

 Large Postage Edge Rectangle from the Frameworks Die Set.

I also went into my paper stash and chose a piece of black and white patterned paper.

(Creepy Confections by My Favorite Things)

I die cut out my paper together so that everything would line up.

I chopped off half of the patterned paper to create the bottom of the card.

I am not good at using ribbon on card so to create the across element on the sketch


The Sky Boarders Die makes perfect scallops 

along with lilac card stock from my stash.

My featured stamp set is the Trick or Treat Kittens Stamp Set.

I stamped out my images including a whole bunch of the little candies.

The long candy I colored like Smarties and the round candy like those

sour candy my kids liked when they were little.

I just wanted everything to be fun and colorful.

To finish this card, I stamped on a sentiment on the front of the card.

I was in the middle of deciding my placement of all the elements on the card when

I realized I did not like the background. There was something just off.

Since my head is still in a covid fog, I came up with

a simple solution, another scallop made with black cardstock.

This simple addition put in the extra flair I was looking for in the background.

For final touches on this card, I created a card base with black cardstock.

I got all the placement of the elements that I wanted on the front of the card,

And attached all that cuteness to the front with foam tape.

 This completes my take on our sketch challenge.


Now it is your turn.

Take the challenge theme and show us your take.


DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 

OR


to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment