Monday, September 13, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 157 - Halloween Theme

 

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We have a NEW challenge coming your way.

The challenge I wait for all year!


 Here is my take on the challenge.


For this challenge I used the following product.

Newton’s Costume Party Stamp Set

Spooky Roundabout Stamp Set

Count Newton Stamp Set

Slimline Frames and Portholes Die

Slimline Frames and Window Dies

Banner Trio Die

My idea for this challenge came from the colors in the challenge picture.

I adore those classic Halloween colors.

I started out die cutting my card front from the slimline dies with white card stock.

I do love a lot of white in my cards and try to embrace that idea whenever possible.

With my brain still on covid lock down, I was struggling to put it all together.

Then I remembered I had colored a bunch of stamps before I had gotten sick.


On that page was three candy corn colored ghost from the Newton’s Costume Party Stamp Set.

That’s when the idea hit me.

I quickly grabbed the Spooky Roundabout Stamp Set.

The large ghost on the stamp would make the perfect background.

This stamp set also had the sentiment I would use for this card.

Now to put everything together.

First thing I did is the gather card stock in challenge picture colors.

Next, using the Slimline Frames and Window Dies I die cut each of the colored card stock out.

Placement of colors was next.

I stared to play with all the die-cut pieces till I came up with a card front I liked.


Using the Spooky Roundabout Stamp Set and Versamark Ink, I stamped all

my square backgrounds and heat set with clear embossing powder.

To assemble the card, I dropped in my embossed squares into 

my prefabricated white cardstock card front.

The ghost is die cut out next and added to their squares.


The Banner Trio Die and black card stock created a place for my sentiment,

That I stamped and heat set with white embossing powder.

Finishing touches include bats from the Count Newton Stamp Set.

And a black enamel dot from my stash.

This completes my take on our theme challenge.

Now it is your turn.

Take the challenge theme and show us your take. 

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as



 OR


 to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



 

No comments:

Post a Comment