Monday, September 6, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge 156 - Sketch Challenge

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.

Here is my take on the challenge.


In keeping with the Halloween theme, I have a fun shaped card

using some uncommon Halloween colors.

I am in love with the way that the background on the card turned out.

I used gray cardstock and the Flying Bats Stencil.

My ink of choice is Black Soot Distress Oxide.

Since you are using black ink, my suggestion would to be to

use a bit of Pixie Spray on the back side of the stencil.



This will keep the black in from bleeding and give you a crisp stenciled image.

Once the background is set aside to dry, I turned my attention to the

images from the Brooms and Boos Stamp Set.

I stamped out and die cut the bats.

I also stamped and die cut one of the witches.

I love the look of pink and black for Halloween.

I chose several different pink markers and started coloring.

Finally, I was ready to assemble the card.

Using the Rounded Edge Rectangle from the Frames and Flags Die Set

I created a card front using the batty background I created.

I also created a base for my images to set using black cardstock.

I layered on my witch and bats on the front of the card with foam tape.


It was at this point that I decided this card needed a little bit more.

Thumbing through my Newton Stamp Sets looking for pumpkins I went.

I ended using pumpkins from Paw-tumn Newton and Harvest Tails Stamp Sets.

I added in a splash of color by using traditional orange on a couple if the pumpkins.

To finish the card, I carefully stamp on a sentiment over my bats and created a

card base using a similar rounded edge die from my Sizzix stash.

This completes my take on our sketch challenge.

Now it is your turn.

Take the challenge theme and show us your take.

DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 



OR

 


to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



No comments:

Post a Comment