Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Inky Paw's Challenge 184 - Halloween Theme

 



Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge. 

For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Design’s product.

Halloween Pile Up

Spooky Street

Clouds Stencil

Using the Halloween Theme, I created this card.



  I do not ink blend a lot anymore, but this card reminded me how much that I love blending.   

To start this card, I grabbed a piece of white cardstock

 and taped it to my surface with double sided tape.

I cut my cardstock to 5 ½ by 8 ½ strips, I would rather have

 a large surface to ink and cut the paper down later.

I selected three colors of Distress Oxide Ink and the Cloud Stencil and started inking.

I always start from the bottom and ink upwards.

I stared with the darker color and inked my way to lighter color

turning the stencil as I went up the piece of paper.


When it come to ink blending, I just ink up the surface until I like what I see.

I placed my inked cardstock aside to dry.

 I grabbed the the Halloween Pile Up stamp set.

I stamped and colored in the image and die cut out the

main image and a lot of extra bats.

My background is now dry and ready to die cut down to the size I need.

 I always keep the extra pieces to use later.

I also added “stars” by flicking silver paint on the background.

I love how the background turned out, but it needs something.

Then I had an idea. Spooky Street has a cool set of tombstones.

I grabbed a ruler and a pencil and drew a line across the

 cardstock front 1 ½ inches from the bottom.

I carefully stamped a tombstone on the line that I created with black archival ink.

I was not concerned about the line being perfect, because I would add

a piece of black card stock on the card below

the tombstones to ground my image.

Finally, I was ready to stamp on a sentiment,

add on my bats and my card to a base.


This card is done!

I Hope this gives you a bit of inspiration for your next project.

Make sure you share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

You could be

 



OR



 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

    Are you social?

Follow me on Instagram

at 2.sistersproject

and

Newton’s Nook Designs

Also use the following hashtags

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesign

 

Thanks so much for visiting.

 

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE



No comments:

Post a Comment