Sunday, April 16, 2023

Inky Paw's Challenge 196 - Birthday Theme

 

Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We have a NEW challenge coming your way.

Here is my take on the challenge.

 

For this challenge I used the following Newton’s Nook Design’s product.

 Summer Scoops

NEW Quatrefoil Stencil

Frames and Flags Die Set


 Hello everyone!

Here with you today to share a card for the start of our newest Inky Paw’s Challenge.

I started with the background for this card with a 5x8 piece of white cardstock

I taped the Quatrefoil Stencil to half of sheet. (4 inches)

Using some of my favorite Distress Ink colors, I inked up the stencil.

After removing the stencil and letting the ink dry, I lined up the stencil

to the upper black half of the cardstock. I used a rubber mat and ran

 the stencil and paper through my die cutting machine.

This created the cutest embossed top with an inked up lower half.

(of course I forgot to take a picture when creating this)


  

Centering the die on the two different sides I cut out the front of my card.

My stamped images on this card are from the Summer Scoops Stamp Set.

I colored in my images using colors that match the

background with pops of green, purple and red.

To assemble the card, I die cut a banner from the Frames and Flags Die Set.

I stamped on a sentiment and added a bit of gray around the edge.

I placed the sentiment banner on the card front first.


Then, I placed the other stamped images around the banner with foam tape.

To finish this card. I used the large, scalloped rectangle

from Frames and Flags Die and created a card base.

I also used my Shimmer pen on the images to add

 interest when the card catches the light.

This completes my take on this challenge.

I hope this gives you a bit of inspiration for your next project.

Make sure you share your projects by using the link in

the challenge picture above.

 

For a chance to be


 OR

 

to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

    Are you social?

Follow me on Instagram

at 2.sistersproject

and

Newton’s Nook Designs

Also use the following hashtags

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesign

 

  STAY CRAFTY.

DIANE




1 comment: