Monday, January 25, 2021

Inky Paw's Challenge - Color Challenge


                  Hello Inky Paws Fans!

We are at the halfway point of this current challenge.

Here is a refresher.


 MY take on the challenge is a simple one that uses up some of

the scrap paper we all have in abundance in our craft spaces.

I recently moved around a few things in my crafty space.

I use the ELFA system in my office and got a few extra slide-out baskets 

to put my scrap paper and bits closer to my desk.

Best idea ever! Do not know why I did not do this sooner.

I went right to my scrap paper drawer, pulled out the challenge colors

 and got to work creating a background for this card.

I cut a 1 ½ x 5 ½ strip of paper out of each one of the colors.

I took those strips and glued them to a piece of plain white cardstock.

I taped the Tumbling Hearts Stencil over the top of the strips of paper 

and a applied a good amount of clear Versamark ink over the top.


I heat set the Versamark with clear embossing powder,

and sat back to admire all the cute hearts.

The Large Scalloped rectangle from the Frames and Flags Die Set is

what I die cut my stripped background from.

My featured stamp is Roses by Newtons Nook Designs.

I made the bold choice of keeping the rose white

with just a bit of gray highlights and green leaves.

I used a sentiment that is part of the Roses Stamp Set.


I stamped the sentiment onto a banner that was created with the Banner Trio Dies.

For a final touch, I added some shimmer to the rose with a Spectrum Noir shimmer pen. 

Now it is your turn!

Show us your take on these fun challenge colors.

 DON’T FORGET

Share your projects by using the link in the challenge picture above.

You could be chosen as

 

OR


to receive a $20 Store Credit to Newton's Nook Designs!

using random.org

Do you use Instagram?

Tag us using!

#inkypawschallenge

#newtonsnook

#newtonsnookdesigns

Thanks so much for dropping by.

STAY SAFE AND STAY CRAFTY.

 DIANE




 


No comments:

Post a Comment